Wednesday, July 12, 2006

So, since Mexico...

In April 2001, my parents called me up and said "Hey, we're moving to America, and you're coming too". And that was that. In July, 2001, i rode a Greyhound for 29 hrs all the way from Monterrey Mexico to Kansas City, Missouri. And hated every minute of it too. I worked in Kansas city for about one year and then started college at Northland Baptist Bible College in Wisconsin, where it's flipp'n freez'n. (www.nbbc.edu) Below are some pictures of some of my friends at Northland. My freshman Year, i was voted class President. The first picture is of me and my other class officers. The second one is of me and some mates at a music deal at my school. The call 'em Artist Series. You're supposed to take a girl, but we opted to hang out with the blokes the first time. The Third picture is of my mate Doug and I. We were roommates My Freshman year. He calls me his "Little Aussie"The last photo is of my friend Kristen and i. We went to one of those Artist Series things and on the way got blasted by a snow storm. My umbrella broke, which really sucked but made for a great picture.

4 comments:

Katie Barker said...

Hey, are you ever going to update this? Just curious. I found your blog through someone elses and on and on it goes. You can find tons of NBBC people
http://groups.blogdigger.com
/groups.jsp?id=3009
at this site.

The Horaks said...

Hey, just happened to find your blog in the list of NBBC bloggers. When are you going to post again? :)

~Jenn

Tim and Heidi Harney said...

Hey Ruben! Great to hear of your happenings...what are you doing in Greenville? We are in Easley- not too far!

Tim and Heidi (Van Scoyoc) Harney

Anonymous said...

Ruben,

I just found your blog, and it looks like you haven't been here forever. What's going on?

Jon